Monday, November 18, 2019

McBean, platform shooter game coming soon

A few months ago I was playing "Cool Beans," a shooting game prototype by Chad Chisholm, which you can still download using the wayback machine on the yoyogames sandbox. I've played the demo several times over the years. It's just fun to shoot different weapons at different kinds of beans. Unfortunately the game is very short and leaves you wanting more after clearing out all the enemies in the first & only level.

I realized that as a game developer I have the power to take the idea behind this Cool Beans prototype and create a full fledged game. So I drew some beans, and gave them walking animations, guns, and sunglasses. I've been working on the game on and off for about 4 months, and now it's almost done! I present to you, McBean:



The final game has 5 levels, 7 different weapons, and a few secrets. I plan to release the game commercially on my itch.io page, but I haven't decided on the price yet. There is already an old demo with 2 levels on it that you can give a try for free.

McBean will be ready for release either sometime later this week, or possibly next week if there are any unforeseen difficulties.


In other news, for some reason I forgot to post on here about my 2 latest game releases. I released Bounce Buds, a 2 player volleyball game, last year in July. I also released a game called Voltage last year in October, a single player game with a zapping mechanic. I made voltage in 2 days.

Stay tuned for the McBean release!

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Comments are tasty.